Over the years, the house was divided into separate apartments and repeatedly changed hands. In 1949, the College purchased the home (during this time period, the College purchased many homes in the historic district and then rented them to members of the faculty). Three of the faculty members who rented apartments in the house while the College owned it included Warren Keck, Biology.