Recently, a total renovation of Kiekhofer Hall's interior has brought new life to another historic building of the College. The Evangelical Theological Seminary (ETS), which had formerly rented space in Old Main, constructed this building in 1913. Following the 1968 merger which formed the United Methodist Church, ETS merged with Garrett Seminary and relocated to Evanston, Illinois in 1974. The College acquired the former seminary properties soon after. In 1979, the chapel was rededicated as the Roy Y. and Margaret Koten Chapel, honoring a family with multi-generational ties to the College. The former Seminary building was used to house admissions, faculty offices, and some college departments and programs through the years. In desperate need of upgrading, the College embarked on another ambitious project to make this building a useable and inviting space. Kiekhofer Hall reopened in the fall of 2006 with an expanded chapel, inviting faculty offices and classroom, and an elevator.