In 1908, UBI was able to purchase property at the corner of School and Loomis streets, just north of the College. They used the house, the home of a former College professor G. W. Sindlinger, as the first building solely dedicated to theological instruction for nearly 5 years. In 1912, this property was moved to the corner of Wright and School streets and served for many years as a residence for seminary students, remaining today as a private home.