The Evangelical Association organized co-educational Plainfield College, opened in 1861 at Plainfield, Illinois, to provide the opportunity for education to its members. The institution changed its name to North-Western College in 1864, and in 1870 relocated to Naperville, Illinois. The College's final name change occurred in 1926 to North Central. This photo shows Old Main as it was originally constructed (the south tower was not added until 1892).