The Arts Dramatic Club of North-Western College organized in 1917 with the "sole purpose of studying drama in technique, history and histrionic representation." The Club produced one play per year beginning in Spring 1918 with Lady Windermere's Fan. The Club's workshop for rehearsal and study was located on the top floor of Goldspohn Science Hall, while performances were held in Smith Hall of Old Main, then on the Pfeiffer Hall stage after 1926.