WONC can trace its beginning to the development of the NCC Radio Association, a club which organized in 1947-1948. The radio club began broadcasting as WNCC at 540 on the am dial in May 1949 from the attic of Goldspohn Science Hall via "carrier current", which utilized the campus power lines to transmit the radio signal. The station moved to a new studio at the top of Old Main later that year. Click here for the full article.